Friday, December 30, 2011

for the closing of a year

"Don’t be like that. Don’t get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming. Don’t lose yourself at happy hour, but don’t lose yourself on the corporate ladder either. Stop every once in a while and go out to coffee or climb in bed with your journal."

My good friend posted a link to this Relevant article this morning, and as I read it while cleaning my house and putting away Christmas decorations -- this verse reverberated inside of me.
This season is about becoming.

Another good friend and I discussed New Year's Resolutions and she said that she was going to choose a word and try to embody that word in 2012. Naturally, that also semeed like a good idea for me. 

As my boyfriend and I were driving home the other night, I was telling him about this idea - the resolution to choose a thing, a word, and become that word. I said, guess what word I chose? and without hesitation, he said 

"Grace."

Talk about knowing a person.

So, as 2012 opens up before me I choose to embrace this season of becoming and try my hardest to become gracious. Filled with grace. Show grace. 

Happy, Happy New Year!

1 comment: